You will need to create a "My Tools" personal account in order to create alerts in SAGE.
To create a My Tools account:
1. Click Sign in in the top right corner of the screen.
2. Select Click here under "Not Yet Registered?" in the lower left corner of the next screen.
3. Enter your email address and click Begin New Registration.
4. On the next screen, fill out your information and click Register.
You will need to be logged in to your My Tools account to create search alerts in SAGE Journals.
To create a search alert in SAGE Journals:
1. Click Save as Alert in the right sidebar next to the results list of the search you'd like to save.
2. On the email alert confirmation page, click Modify email alerts to see and change the alert settings, if desired.
3. Modify any settings you wish and then click Save Changes.
You will need to be logged in to your My Tools account to create a journal alert in SAGE Journals. Next:
1. Click Browse Journal List in the left sidebar.
2. You can either browse journals by title or by discipline. Select one of the options and navigate to the journal you're looking for.
3. Click on the journal title, and then click on the Email Alerts tab at the top or the Email Alerts link in the right sidebar.
4. Select your content alert preferences and click Submit.
A SAGE journal offers RSS feeds for the various releases:
The RSS feed for each issue will include article titles, author information, and summaries for select articles, with links to the complete online version of all articles.
To create an RSS feed in SAGE Journals:
1. Navigate to the journal page in the database, following the steps outlined in the "Journal/Table of Contents Alerts in SAGE Journals" box above.
2. Click on the RSS tab at the top or the RSS feed link in the right sidebar.
3. Right-click on the RSS icon next to the RSS feed type you'd like to receive and copy the link location.
4. Paste the link into your feed reader.
You will need to be logged into your My Tools account in order to create a citation aleart in SAGE Journals.
To create a citation alert:
1. Click the Full Text (PDF) link under the article in the results list to open the article.
2. Click Alert me when this article is cited in the right sidebar when the article is opened.
3. Make sure the Citations box is checked, and then click Save Alerts.