Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Notes about Alerts in Google Scholar
- You do not need to create a Google account to set up search alerts in Google Scholar.
- You cannot create journal/table of contents alerts directly through Google Scholar.
Search Alerts in Google Scholar
To create a search alert in Google Scholar:
- Access GoogleScholar through the Library's database list.
- Conduct your search.
- Click Create alert in the left sidebar of the results screen.
- Enter your email address and click CREATE ALERT.
- If you used an email address other than a Gmail address, you will receive an email asking you to confirm that you set up the alert.
More information about search alerts in Google Scholar.