You will need to create a personal EBSCO account in order to set up alerts in an EBSCO database. This account will work for all EBSCO databases, including Seeker.
To set up a personal account:
Click Sign In in the top toolbar of the screen.
From the Sign In Screen, click the Create a new Account link.
3. The Create a New Account Screen appears with Personal Account entered in the Account Type field. Fill in the fields on the Create a New Account Screen. When you have completed the fields, click Save Changes.
4. If all the information was accepted, a message appears that provides your user name and password. Click OK. You will be automatically logged in as a personal user. You should note the user name and password you created so you can log in at a future session.
To save your search as an alert from the Share link
1. Sign into your personal EBSCO account (click "Sign In" in the top right corner of the screen).
2. Run a search and view your search results.
3. Click the Share link and select E-mail Alert from the resulting pop- up menu.
4. The Create Alert window appears over the results list. Select your preferences (frequency, format, etc.) and click Save Alert.
Note: When you create a Search Alert, the sort selection of the result list is honored for your alert. For example, if your result list is sorted by relevancy when you create your alert, your alert will be sorted by relevancy when it is delivered.
For more detailed information, visit http://support.ebsco.com/knowledge_base/detail.php?id=4002
You can set up an e-mail alert to automatically notify you each time a new issue for a selected journal title is available.
To set up a journal alert:
1. Click the Publications link at the top of the screen
2. The Publications Screen displays. To locate the publication, enter the title in the Browse Publications field and click Browse, or use the A - Z links and left/right arrows to browse through the list of titles.
3. From the journal's Publication Details Screen, click the Share link, and then click the E-mail Alert link.
4. The Journal Alert window appears, with the Subject and E-mail from address automatically filled in. If you have not already signed into your My EBSCOhost account, do so by clicking the Sign in link.
5. Set your alert preferences and click Save Alert.
For more information, visit http://support.ebsco.com/help/index.php?help_id=1165.
To set up a one-step RSS search alert:
1. From the Result List or Search History Screen, click the RSS alert icon, or the RSS Feed link on the Share drop-down menu.
2. A pop-up screen displays with the search alert information. Copy the RSS Feed URL into your newsreader.
3. Click the Save Alert button.
Note: If you have previously created a search alert for e-mail delivery, you can include these alerts in your RSS reader.
To retrieve the Alert Syndication Feed with an existing search alert or journal alert:
1. Sign in to your EBSCO account.
2. On the left hand side of your personalized folder, choose the Search Alerts link.
3. On the Search Alerts result list, you will notice the RSS icon for each search alert. Click the RSS icon and a new window will open.
4. The Alert Syndication Feed link will appear in the browser’s address bar. Add this link to your RSS reader.
For more detailed information, visit http://support.epnet.com/knowledge_base/detail.php?id=3340.