Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
EBSCO Personal Accounts
You will need to create a personal EBSCO account in order to set up alerts in an EBSCO database. This account will work for all EBSCO databases, including Seeker.
To set up a personal account:
- In any EBSCO database, click Sign In on the top toolbar of the search screen.
- On the Welcome back screen, click on Sign up.
- Fill in the form, constructing a username and password. Click Create Account.
Please note: LNDL discourages signing in with Google.
Search Alerts in EBSCO
To save your search as an alert from the Share link:
- Sign into your personal EBSCO account (click "Sign In" in the top right corner of the screen).
- Run a search.
- On the results page, click the Share link and select E-mail Alert from the resulting pop- up menu.
- The Create Alert window appears over the results list. Select your preferences (frequency, format, etc.) and click Save Alert.
Note: When you create a Search Alert, the sort selection of the result list is honored for your alert. For example, if your result list is sorted by relevancy when you create your alert, your alert will be sorted by relevancy when it is delivered.
For more detailed information, visit http://support.ebsco.com/knowledge_base/detail.php?id=4002
Journal/Table of Contents Alerts in EBSCO
You can set up an e-mail alert to automatically notify you each time a new issue for a selected journal title is available. Sign into your EBSCO account
To set up a journal alert:
- Click the Publications link at the top of the search screen.
- On the Publications search screen, enter the publication title you want in the Browsing ... Publications search box and click Browse, or use the A - Z links to browse through the list of titles.
- Click the title of the chosen journal to get to the Publication Details screen. From that screen, click the down arrow of the Share link
- Click the E-mail Alert link from the Share pull-down menu.
- Set your alert preferences on the Create Alert form, then click Save Alert.
See How to Use Journal Alerts for more information.
RSS Alerts in EBSCO
Information about RSS and feed readers.
To set up a one-step RSS search alert:
- From the Result List or Search History Screen, click the RSS Feed link on the Share drop-down menu.
- A pop-up screen displays with the search alert information. Copy the RSS Feed URL into your newsreader.
- Click the Save Alert button.
Note: If you have previously created a search alert for e-mail delivery, you can include these alerts in your RSS reader.
To retrieve the Alert Syndication Feed with an existing search alert or journal alert:
- Sign into your EBSCO account.
- On the left side of your personalized folder, choose the Search Alerts link.
- On the Search Alerts result list, you will notice the RSS icon for each search alert. Click the RSS icon and a new window will open.
- The Alert Syndication Feed link will appear in the browser’s address bar. Add this link to your RSS reader.
How to Use One-Step RSS Search Alerts