You do not need to create a ProQuest My Research personal account to create search alerts, but it is recommended that you create one. This account will work for all ProQuest databases.
1. From any page in the database, click Sign in to My Research in the top right of the screen.
2. From the log-in screen, click Create a My Research account.
3. Fill out the information on the "Create a My Research account" screen and click Create account.
Note: You can also connect your My Research account directly to your RefWorks account from this page.
To set up a search alert in a ProQuest database, it is recommended that you log into your My Research account. Next:
1. Click Create alert next to the search for which you'd like to receive alerts.
2. If you already have a My Research account, your email address has been filled in. If not, type your email address and select your desired settings. Then scroll down and click Create alert.
It is recommended that you create a My Research account before setting up a publication alert in a ProQuest database. Next:
1. Click on the Publications link at the top of any page in the database and search for a publication.
2. Click the name of the publication on the results list.
3. On the Publication Information screen, click Set up alert.
4. Fill out your notification preferences and click Create alert.
Click here and scroll down to "Publication alerts" for more information.
You need to be logged into your My Research account to create an RSS feed alert in ProQuest databases.
Publication Alert RSS Feeds in ProQuest
To set up an RSS feed for a journal/table of contents alert in a ProQuest database, follow the steps above to locate the publication. Next:
1. Click Create RSS feed.
2. Copy and paste the feed link into your feed reader.
Search Alert RSS Feeds in ProQuest
1. After you conduct your search, click Create RSS feed toward the top right of the results list.
2. Set your preferences and click Create feed on the next screen.
3. Copy and paste the feed link into your feed reader.