You will need to create a Gale user account to create search alerts in Academic OneFile.
To set up a Gale user account:
1. Click the Sign In link at the top of the screen.
2. From the Sign In box, click the New User? link provided to set up an account
3. On the New User Registration page, enter the required fields as indicated, including selecting a security question.
Note that you will be prompted for your email address and password whenever you sign-in in the future
Your password must be 6 to 14 characters long and can only contain letters, numbers and the underscore ( _ ) character.
4. Read the License Agreement and click to accept.
5. Click Continue when you have finished (clicking Cancel will quit the registration process).
6. A welcome message will display when you have successfully completed the registration process, and your name will now be shown at the top of the page as your user menu. Click on your name to view your saved searches, retrieve saved documents, change your account information, and sign out.
To create a search alert in Academic OneFile, you must first sign in to your Gale user account. Then:
1. Run the search you want to save.
2. Click Save this search in the Tools sidebar on the right side of the screen.
4. Name the search when the "Save this search" box pops up.
5. Check the Create Search Alert box. Options for format and frequency will appear.
6. Click Save Search.
You will need to be logged into your Gale user account in order to set up a journal/table of contents alert.
1. Click the Publication Search link at the top of the page.
2. Search for the name of the publication you're looking for.
3. Select the publication name from the list of title results.
4. Click Create Journal Alert in the Tools sidebar on the right side of the screen.
5. Enter your email address, select your frequency and format preferences, and click Submit.
To set up an RSS feed for a journal/table of contents alert in Academic OneFile, copy and paste the RSS feed code from the Create Journal Alert box (see above).
Note: It is not possible to set up an RSS feed for a topic search alert in Academic OneFile through LNDL.