In order to save search alerts in JSTOR, you will need to create a MyJSTOR personal account.
1. From any page in the database, hover over MyJSTOR at the top of the screen.
2. Select My Profile.
3. This will bring you to the Register for MyJSTOR page. Fill out the required fields and click Submit.
To create a search alert in JSTOR, log into your MyJSTOR account (see above). Then:
1. Conduct a search
2. In the Save This Search box on the right side of the screen, name the search and select how often you'd like to receive an alert about the search. Then click Save.
Click here for more information and scroll down to Save Searches.
To create a journal (table of contents) alert in JSTOR, log into your MyJSTOR account. This will bring you to your MyJSTOR profile page. Next:
1. Click the Journal Alerts button in the left sidebar.
2. Click Browse Journals.
3. Select the Journals tab.
4. Click on the first letter of the journal title.
5. Click the journal title when the list appears.
6. Click Receive updates by email (eTOC) in the Journal Tracking section at the bottom of the right sidebar.
Click here for more information and scroll down to Journal Tracking.
To set up an RSS feed for a journal alert in JSTOR, log into your MyJSTOR account. Next:
1. Follow the steps above to create a publication alert.
2. Select RSS feed in the Journal Tracking section of the right sidebar.
3. Select your feed reader from the drop-down menu and click Subscribe now.
Note: It is not currently possible to save a search as an RSS feed in JSTOR through LNDL. You can only receive RSS alerts for journal issues/table of contents through JSTOR.
You will need to create a MyJSTOR account to create a citation alert in JSTOR.
To create a citation alert:
1. From the search results list, check the box next to the title of the article you'd like to track.
2. Click Track at the top of the results list.
3. If you're not already logged in to your MyJSTOR account, you'll be prompted to do so.