Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Ask a Librarian
Your research librarians are here to help!
Chat with the AJCU consortium:
Chat with Backup Staff:
Our chat service is offline.
How do I request a book in Seeker?
***Note: For the Fall 2020 semester, the Library is offering Contactless Pickup of books. View step-by-step directions here***
Follow these steps to request an item from another library:
- Check that the item’s status says “On Shelf” at one of the listed locations.
- Click on the "Request item" link.
- Choose your school (Loyola University or Notre Dame of Maryland University) and log in with your library login information.
- Choose your pick-up location.
- Select “Send”.
- Items take about a week to arrive, and you’ll receive an e-mail when it’s available for pick-up.
How do I filter my results in Seeker?
Filter Your Results
On the Seeker results page, you have a few options for limiting the types of results you see. On the left side of the screen, locate the "Refine Results" menu.
Check the box beside these limiters to apply them to your results page:
- Scholarly (Peer Reviewed) Journals
- Local Partner Libraries - just view items available via USMAI libraries
- Full Text and Local Partner Libraries - remove items only available through Interlibrary Loan. Note: this will include books available through other USMAI libraries.
- LNDL Books and Videos - view only books and media available at Loyola Notre Dame Library
- Slide the toggles in either direction to view items published in a specific year range
- Seeker includes multiple types of sources. Select "Source Types" to expand the section and limit to a specific type, such as Books. Select "Show More" to view all available source types.
Clear Your Filters
The "Current Search" section shows you the search terms, expanders, and limiters currently applied to your search. To take a limiter or expander off your search, click the "X" beside it.