Users must complete certification to use restricted equipment, inclusive of the 3D printers, Cricut maker, sewing and embroidery machine, and laser cutter. Certification requires two parts:
- Part I: An overview of the machine, including how it operates and how to use it safely.
- may be done in person in the library by requesting an appointment with a staff member or remotely via an online training tutorial
- users who opt to follow along with the online training tutorial
- can take as often as needed
- must score 100% on the quiz to proceed to Part II Certification
- must download the certificate of completion
- may reserve the piece of equipment (exclusive of the laser cutter) in advance to follow along in the Library with the tutorial
- Part II: An in library proficiency check, where users demonstrate they can correctly perform key steps.
- must schedule an appointment with staff
- can meet with a library staff member in person or via zoom
- users who do the online training tutorial, must upload a certificate of completion for Part I, when scheduling Part II Certification
After certification has been completed, users can