Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Users must complete certification to use restricted equipment, inclusive of the 3D printers, Cricut maker, sewing and embroidery machine, and laser cutter. Certification requires two parts:
- Part I: An overview of the machine, including how it operates and how to use it safely.
- may be done in person in the library by requesting an appointment with a staff member or remotely via an online training tutorial
- users who opt to follow along with the online training tutorial
- can take as often as needed
- must score 100% on the quiz to proceed to Part II Certification
- must download the certificate of completion
- may reserve the piece of equipment (exclusive of the laser cutter) in advance to follow along in the Library with the tutorial
- Part II: An in library proficiency check, where users demonstrate they can correctly perform key steps.
- must schedule an appointment with staff
- can meet with a library staff member in person or via zoom
- users who do the online training tutorial, must upload a certificate of completion for Part I, when scheduling Part II Certification
After certification has been completed, users can
In Person Equipment Training and Certification
Part I Equipment Training: Online Tutorials and Quizzes
Part II Equipment Certification: Demonstrated Proficiency