Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
What is Interlibrary Loan?
Interlibrary Loan (ILL) is a service that enables patrons affiliated with Loyola University and Notre Dame of Maryland University to request materials not owned by the Loyola/Notre Dame Library.
Contact the Interlibrary Loan department at 410-617-6804 or firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Frequently Asked Questions about ILL
1. What types of materials can I request via Interlibrary Loan?
- articles, book chapters, and books
- Contact the Interlibrary Loan department at 410-617-6804 or email@example.com if you need a special item, such as microfilm
2. How will the items I request be delivered to me?
- Articles and book chapters are delivered as PDFs to your Interlibrary Loan account
- Books are delivered to the library for pickup.
- You will be notified via e-mail when items are available in your account or at the library
3. How long does it take for an item to be delivered?
- 24 hours or less for articles and book chapters
- 1-2 weeks for books
4. Does Interlibrary Loan cost money?
6. How long can I borrow or renew an Interlibrary Loan item?
- Loan periods and renewals vary according to the lending libraries.
- Contact the Interlibrary Loan department at 410-617-6804 or firstname.lastname@example.org with questions about lending periods.
7. If the item I need is checked out from LNDL or other USMAI libraries, can I request it through Interlibrary Loan?
8. Who should I contact with questions about my account or requests?
- The Interlibrary Loan department at 410-617-6804 or email@example.com.
9. I take classes in or around the Loyola Timonium or Loyola Columbia campus. Can ILL items be delivered there?
- Follow these steps to have items delivered to the Timonium or Columbia campus:
- Log into your Interlibrary Loan account.
- Select "Change User Information" from the "User Settings" menu on the left.
- Choose LOY Columbia or LOY Timonium for the Delivery Location, located at the bottom of the "Change Personal Settings Form".
- Select "Submit Information" to update your pickup location.
Ask a Librarian
Your research librarians are here to help!
Chat with the AJCU consortium:
Chat with Backup Staff:
Our chat service is offline.